RE: A teenage loner meets his first love during lucid dreams and will have to choose between dream and reality, to be awaken without her or to never wake up.
I think this is a really good concept. Well done.?It just needs to be sharpened up I reckon.?
It certainly ticks a lot of boxes of a marketable concept:
1. It?s unique and universal. (we?ve all been a teenager and been in love.)
2. Interesting dilemma – real life or dreams.
3. Odd couple.?
4. Unique hook – the dream girl.
5. Interesting inciting event – hero masters (?) lucid dreaming.
6. Fish out of water – kind of like Splash right? He enters into her dream world. She genuinely is a manic pixie dream girl.
7. Protagonist’s arc is suggested: from loner to infatuated/lovelorn (?).
8. It’s quite high concept/X meets Y. I’d say… AVATAR meets (maybe a teen romance? I keep thinking SPLASH because of the fish out of water angle.)
Reminds me of this quote from Karate Kid part II:
If I am dreaming, let me never awaken. If I am awake, let me never sleep.?